The Browns and Westerns did not play at Keokuk yesterday on account of the weather. The game will be played to-day if possible.
Red Stockings stock will look up considerably by to-morrow, when their return game comes off with the Whites.
There was an attendance of about four hundred at the Red-White match yesterday.
In the twenty-seven innings played by the Chicagoes against our various professionals, twenty-five of them have been whitewashes. "Carry the news to Mary," and the Garden City.
-St. Louis Republicans, May 12, 1875
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me