The game played last Sunday between the Resolute and St. Louis Base Ball Clubs, for a silver ball, offered by Mr. Solari, of St. Louis Base Ball Park, was won by the Resolutes. Score, 33 to 22.
August 22d, the Dirigo Junior Club and the Niagara Club played a match game, the score being as follows: Dirigo, 53; Niagara, 37.
The score between the Missouri, Jr., and the Etna, Jr., in a game played August 23d, stood as follows: Missouri, Jr., runs, 31; Etna, Jr., runs, 18.
The score between the Stonewall and Adventure Clubs was as follows: Stonewall, 76; Adventure, 3.
-Missouri Republican, August 25, 1868
- Why "This Game Of Games"?
- What's Up With That Rooster?
- The Old Blog
- Henry Gratiot and Early St. Louis Ball-Playing
- Baseball In The Illinois Country
- Thoughts On The Origin and Spread Of The Early Game
- The Great Match Of Base Ball
- Civil War Baseball
- Chris Von der Ahe and the Creation of Modern Baseball
- The Fall Of Von der Ahe
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Clubs
- 19th Century St. Louis Baseball Grounds
- Protoball Stuff
- Research Links
- Published Work
- Contact Me